Friday 19 August 2011

Murphy Blog.

I remember Murphy Brown.

Do you remember that show? It was about a news anchor named Murphy Brown. In it she works on the hard hitting news show FYI and has to deal with the dumbing down of the news.



There are many episodes that deal with her and her co-workers fighting against sensationalistic journalism and trying to stay legit and intelligent!

They often use to exaggerate the dumber story's the other news shows would deal with to add to the humorous spin on things! But now looking back on the stories that were the parody's of the stupid news of the 80's I realised something.

Our news reporting has gotten worse!

News shows today are worse than the silly parodied news reports in the 80's!

To re iterate, they use to joke the news reporting was getting so dumbed down, but now the news reporting is more dumbed down then the joke reporting of the 80's!

Now real life news reporting is the joke!

How sad is the world when the silly parodied news of the 80's is more legit than the "real" news of the year 2011!

What have we become?


Where do you guys get your news from?

23 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, I gotta check it out sometime! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get my news from the internet. i don't even have a tv and the local newspaper is boring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have t watch Jon Stewart to follow Ron Paul. The MSM does not like Ron Paul, they can not buy Ron Paul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never heard about this show

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this show. And you're right, reporting has become purely entertainment. There's a few good real journalists out there, but they're mainly in alternative press or foreign press. RT (Russia Today) is a good source for real journalism, and so is Al Jazeera, but most American and British news is either pure propaganda or mind numbing gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i skim through the paper every morning and thats it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wherever seems most legitimate if I even care at the moment. Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 80% of my news come from internet, 20% between tv and newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a pretty good show. But kind of dated now though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't even heard about this. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't watch the news. Unless Philip DeFranco counts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lmao, so true. Definitely remember that show too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, now you have brought back all my memories of Murphy Brown...damn my Grandma loved that show.

    I get most of my news off the internet now. Local stuff, I'll watch on TV, but for national news, its just all pundits who literally argue which party is better than the other (instead of issues). Although I guess there is also all the news on celebrities and their problems/opinions I could care less about.

    So I guess its close to what GM said: 80% online, 15% TV, 5% newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I effin' hate this show. It replaced one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid and I never forgave it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. never watched this! nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, pretty sad.
    I mostly ignore the mainstream news, cause they're full of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never heard of this im afraid looks O ,O spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I remember watching Murphy Brown!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get my news from the voices in my head

    ReplyDelete
  20. bleh, I used to hate that show. I've never liked news, lol. I get most of my news by word of mouth. Nebberz frequents reddit, and that's where he gets his news. But we don't have TV and we don't really listen to radio... I hear a lot about things on Facebook actually... lol and just the internet in general.

    ReplyDelete
  21. To be fair I never really got into this show, but I started watching it a few times after the episode of Seinfield when Krammer was on it as the assistant.

    ReplyDelete