Sunday 7 August 2011

I Blog about Raymond cause my girlfriend watches the show and I watch it with her and I gotta say this stuff and get it off my chest or I'll go insane! Hey this is the longest title I have ever seen!

Everybody Loves Raymond season 3 episode 10 Rays parents find out there almost in the danger zone health wise and what do they do? Sail that new found knowledge to successville?
No, they go over board!
To cut back on fat they go all out with a tofu turkey for Thanksgiving, I love tofu but come on! Thanksgiving? Eat a god damn turkey if you want to. It's one day a year! But no, they go totally over board and try to only eat healthy food all the time and in the end are totally against eating healthy cause of there experience!
Is this good? I see this as something that could seep in to the subconscious of the audience, eating good is bad. These people did it and they hated it, you'd hate it to!
Come on! Wheres moderation? Why is there no show of someone slowly adapting to eating better? Why is it all or nothing? Why must people give up on their diet at the end of the episode? I'm a fat guy myself but I've adopted a healthier outlook, I use to drink 2L of pop a day, now I might drink 2L of pop every week or two! Its not the healthiest but hey its healthier! And that's the point of good health, don't go over board one way or the other!
Moderation don't go over board, sail that ship at seas until your in your seventies!
To quote Jimmy Buffet - "Moderation is the key!"

14 comments:

  1. Interesting, I love your blog!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha tofu is good imo but replacing turkey for thanksgiving!!! pshhh thats just crazy! +follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not that turkey you want to be worrying about. it's all that fake food and carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, moderation people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn how did you manage to go from one bottle a day to every other week? Pop is just so much nicer than water ;[

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stupid Doris! Hahaha! Jk, she's not stupid. Tofu turkey is good but it still has fat and not a lot of good protein. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Milky I actually like water so I just started drinking 2L of water a day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moderation in everything, even in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tofu turkey?
    I don't event understand, Tofu is NOT an acceptable substitute for meat. The textures are nowhere alike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Squiglet that's very true!

    @Orange-Pulp Its crazy in the episode they have the tofu shaped like a turkey with fake paper legs and eveything! Its quite messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would try tofu turkey just because I've never had it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol you should rename your blog to everybody loves rayblog

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Clueless Dolphin good point! I might just do that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i dont like "everyone loves raymond" but great post! +following

    ReplyDelete