Saturday 6 August 2011

Lois and Clark and my Blog about it!

The last few weeks I've been watching Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman... well old adventures of Superman, the show has been off the air for 14 years! The time in which the show has been off the air is starting high school and smoking its first cigarette!
Anyway for those that never saw the show its about Lois and Clark (who is secretly Superman) and there adventures as they happen in the modern day's of the 90's! (which is a long time ago!)
Now I never watched the show back in the 90's beyond a couple episodes, but a few years ago I bought all the dvds and watched the whole show from beginning to end! It had its ups and downs and it had interesting twists on the whole Superman mythos, but what really bothered me (cause I only write these blogs to complain) was even though they modernized the whole thing and made it seemed more plausible it still boiled down to Lois hanging out with Clark who looks identical to Superman but none of the reporters (even Lois) ever saying "Clark do you really think your tricking anybody with that? All you did was dress in spandex and take off your glasses! Dork!"
Can you imagine what ramifications that has for their dimensional reality? Seriously if that can happen in the show, some guy can put on a fake mustache rob a few banks take off the mustache and never get caught! You could put on an eye patch and go on live TV and tell off the world and later hear your family talk about it as they wonder who could have done it!
But of course that stuff doesn't happen in the show only Clark Kent's glasses can do it!
And I know what your thinking, your thinking I'm being picky! That I should just suspend my disbelief. Well I do suspend my disbelief! I accept Superman can fly! I accept that each week a new danger emerges! I accept Superman will always win! But the glasses, they break this bloggers back!

16 comments:

  1. oh i remember this show. it was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good show...but I too never got that no one could tell he was superman...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, if only real life were like Superman's world. What I could do with a pair of glasses and a spandex outfit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. They must be some real special glasses! I enjoy your posts, followed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I guess the glasses are Super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice insight dude, keep it up!
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not fussed on that show ;/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your style of writing, continue to do so i will stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that always bothered me. I mean, I wear glasses. But when I take them off, people still know it's me! :D

    Following and supporting, mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's the hair
    As Kent he's got it professional, but as Superman it's slightly off and suave
    Along with the glasses it makes him an entirely different person

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never actually saw this show

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is just one of the problems i have with superman... there are just so many things wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember this show, was a good watch back in the day. I also thought the same as you though, how do they not connect Superman with Clark Kent, i's so damned obvious.

    ReplyDelete