Tuesday 16 August 2011

Ahh Canada!

Being a Canadian I know a lot about Canadian TV shows, not to imply all Canadians know about Canadian TV shows but I do!

So this rant will be about a Canadian TV show!

Now first what can I say about Canadian TV? When its good it good! and when its bad it's Radio Active!

What is Radio Active?

Radio Active was a Canadian TV show about 4 kids going to high school and no they weren't superheroes who got their powers from radioactivity they were active in the schools radio!

They were Radio Active!

But one of them did have the retardedness of someone exposed to radiation! So he might have been both!




The show revolves around the kids as they go to high school and work on their radio show (which is only broadcast in the high school).

So we see the kids in the radio stations room some times and in the schools halls other times and occasionally in an actual class room.

But being Canadian this show has no budget!

The halls rarely feature other kids in the back ground and you only ever see two teachers and the classrooms are often only made up of the four kids!




The exact four kids in the cast!

What the heck?!

Sure they mention other kids in school and sometimes in the radio station room scenes talk of having classes with them but when we see an actual classroom its a small room with desks for four students and a desk for the teacher.

This seems odd to me. Is this show trying to trick people into thinking class sizes are good in Canadian schools? Could they really not afford a few extras to be in the background?

Why the small class? Are these kids in special ed? Are they all retarded? That one kid definitely is! And if they are all retarded why are they let on the radio- oh wait, now I get it! That's why radio shows always seems so lame!

Oh Canada!

Does anyone out there watch Canadian TV? And if so what do you watch?

26 comments:

  1. They sure have interesting hairstyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Big Wolf On Campus is a Canadian show. I watched that as a kid. More recently I watch Lost Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These series were broadcasted in Greek tv in 2003-2004. Not on a popular tv station but still. I remember watching it before attending tuition for school finals, it was fun to watch although too kid-cheesy. Morgan Leigh was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radio Active was so hilariously bad...and then just bad in the last seasons. George was also in that show "Fries With That?" which was just awful.

    Old YTV was the shit, big ups to the old Zone crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was "You Can't Do That on TV" Canadian"? I think it was. Your blog made me remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Film Geek Bastard yes it was and I was thinking of talking about it sometime!

    @Kid Shuffle I saw "Fries with That" once. It was hard to see George without the hair!

    @Shaw I don't think Big Wolf on Campus is Canadian. Its too good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Canadians have TV shows? I have to see it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'd watch it 5 seconds then switch the channel ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. they have a good pun for a name though lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha wow that sounds awful... but I enjoy Canadian TV when it's good, i love the Trailer Park Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dont think i've ever watched a Canadian show, -judging by this one- thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol that's not so bad. I mean maybe the actual show is, but improvising like that? It's not like they don't notice as they go along with it. It's on purpose. Or maybe just accidentally on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they seem to be the whitest kids i know. haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha awww a special ed radio show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to watch it just because it's Canadian.. must be better than British stuff xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a funny and stupid show but I still watched it.

    Surprised you didn't mention Reboot though, that one was good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man I remember this shit! Back in the days of "Omg frosted spikes!"
    Old school ytv was boss! The Zone with Snit!

    Nowadays it's Rick Mercer maybe. CBC represent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trailer park boys is a high point in my understanding of Canadian television. I'd like to see more off it. I feel like I don't know much about Canadian society.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Trailer Park Boys and Degrassi are the only Canadian shows I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Country of Origin = Canada
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Wolf_on_Campus

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Shaw thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete