Saturday 6 August 2011

I talk about TV. So does that mean I can't talk about movies? Wait! TV Moives!!

Recently I watch the SyFy (cool spelling guys thanks for the headache!) channels original movie "Road Kill" and boy was it contrived! Its about seven young people on a road trip through Ireland who are attacked by a Roc (mythic bird not inanimate object on the ground).
After one of them is killed by the Roc the others are all aware of the creature and their predicament. So now what? Are they still gonna get killed off one at a time like in horror movies when no one knows they are in danger? Or do they work to fight the monster together using logic and cunning like in the movie Tremors?
At first I don't know how the movie will unfold but as a tire on their RV goes flat and is in need of changing my mind races with thoughts of how they could tackle the problem and have some people look out for the Roc from the RV and others could go out of the RV and watch the sky for the Roc as two or three of them work on changing the tire as quick as possible!
So what do they do? They send out the sole black guy to change it by himself. So yeah, they get picked off one at a time through out the movie. Wow awesome!
And in the end the only fun thing about the TV movie is seeing some cleavage (although the hottest girl dies first) and trying to guess in which order they die (the movie has people die in an order I did not suspect)!
All I can really say about TV movies is at least they're free!

12 comments:

  1. The hot girl always dies first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post, I love your blog.
    Keep up the good work!
    +Follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love SyFy movies, they're so bad it's hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say I've seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't bare to watch syfy movies myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love syfy movies! But the bad one are just annoyingg..

    ReplyDelete
  7. When will they learn! You kill the hot girl last, or let her survive, that way men watch till the end of the movie 'cause, well, she's hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TV movies are the best, they're longer sometimes and less famous actors who are really good. I am not sure I agree that the hot girl always dies last. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Syfy movies... They're the new, hip place to watch B-movies and other such 'unique' cinema. Can be good. Usually the polar opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To be honest, I would say that "contrived" accurately describes roughly 100 percent of what they play on the SyFy channel. But that's just like my opinion man.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. I like your writing style! Really funny! As for the movie... you should give it a rating...
    1-10 or something.

    ReplyDelete